The Marian column with a statue of the Virgin Mary was built between 1680 and 1681, just after the town was hit by a plague epidemic 1680. Together with the bishop Karl II von Liechtenstein‑Kastelkorn, the townspeople participated in the financing of its construction. The statues placed at the base of the column represent the following saints: St. Wenceslas (the patron of the city of Olomouc), St. Maurice (the patron of the town of Kroměříž), St. Roch (the protector against the plague), St. Florian (the protector against fires and floods). In 1978, the column was declared a cultural monument.

Velké nám. 49,
767 01 Kroměříž,